Once again, God did this really cool thing where He spoke to me through song lyrics. The song More than You Think I Am by Danny Gokey has so much truth in it. Recently, God has placed people in my life who either do not believe in Him or who view Christianity as a religion based on right and wrong. Yeah, sure, Christianity is a religion, but Jesus Christ is our Savior and our friend. He even tells us, He did not die for us to condemn the world, but to save each and every one of us, regardless of our past, present, and future sins. I am going to break down the lyrics to this song that spoke so much meaning to my heart, while backing up each lyric with a bible verse.
“You always think I’m somewhere on a mountain top, But never think behind bars; You’d be amazed at the places that I’d go to be with you where you are.
- This is such a beautiful picture. Many view God as a being that is only in the sky or as too holy to come down to earth. The Lord is our God in Heaven and on Earth. God is omnipresent, meaning that he is with us everywhere at all times. Jeremiah 23:23-24 describes that we cannot hide from God, not even our deepest and darkest secrets and places are hidden from God. He will go anywhere just to be with us.
“I’m more than you dreamed, more than you understand, your days and your times were destined for our dance.”
- Ephesians 3:20 tells us, “All glory to God, who is able with his mighty power at work within us, to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine.” Wowzers. This verse is so powerful and very encouraging to those who are down in spirit.
- It gets even better! Psalm 139:16 says, “Your eyes saw my unformed body. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.”
- And, here is where it gets great! Jeremiah 29:11 says, “I know the plans I have for you, declares The Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” (Side note: Do not take this verse out of context. God’s reveals His amazing plans to us if and when we surrender our lives to Him and start living for His will and not our own.) My friends, this is such great news. God has every second of our lives planned out, and He’s telling us that what he has planned, not what we have planned, are plans that are going to prosper us, give us hope, and give us a future.
“Be still and trust My plan, I’m more than you think I am.
- One of my favorite verses is Psalm 46:10, “Be still and know that I am God.” Those 8 words show just how powerful the God we serve is. He can do it all. I think it is actually humorous that he tells us to be still. Can you imagine Earth if everyone lived according to this verse? So much deserved glory would be brought to the One most high!
- God tells us to trust his plan 147 times in the Bible. (Don’t quote me on that, I got my information on answers.com) But, regardless, that’s a lot of times to tell someone to trust You. Even if He only said it once, I would be more than happy to put my life down and lay it in His ever so sovereign, mighty, glorious, and powerful hands.
I hope that this post brings at least one person some encouragement or maybe even changes a person’s view of The Lord. I really encourage all of my friends, readers, and followers to keep their radio station on a Christian station. Instead of filling my heart with lustful desires and temptations, my local radio station (KLRC) fills me with hope, encouragement, and joy.
much love and blessings,